On-going projects and contributions
- Author/Course Director: Certificate in Alternative Fuels, Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Technical writer for:
- International Chamber of Shipping (ICS): Lead Author “Reducing GHG emissions: A Guide to IMO Regulatory Compliance” 2022
- IMO GreenVoyage2050 Project
- Training consultant and technical translator for the International Maritime Organization, London
- Lecturer, Nice University, Master 2 Maritime and Environmental Law
- Legal counsel for private companies in maritime industry
- Assistant Surveyor for BEAmer (French marine casualties investigation Department)
Background and Expertise
NauticaLex is run by Marie Caillerie, a former Merchant Navy officer, with over 20 years of experience in the industry. Marie was trained as a Master Mariner under the dual-purpose French system (deck officer and engineer), with several years of experience as a Deck Officer and an Engineer onboard cargo ships and as an Environmental Officer on cruise ships.
Marie acted as Head of Delegation for a major Flag State at the IMO (London) over the past years.
Master Mariner, unlimited (Ecole Nationale de la Marine Marchande, Marseilles, France – dual-purpose qualification)
Bachelor’s Degree in English (Aix-en-Provence University, France)
Master of Maritime Law (Plymouth University, UK)